T-Minus 17 day and counting
Weather in Rome: Light rain and 54 degrees
Weather here: Snow, sleet and freezing rain. 25 degrees
I am finally starting to feel like I’m ready to go to Rome. OK, not really but I think I at least know what I still need to do. Here is a partial list:
- Get all the toys up off the playroom floor and into waterproof toy boxes of some kind. (the basement–home of the playroom- sometimes gets wet)
- Have the neighbors boys come over and show them how to use the snowblower
- Cancel the newspapers, netflix and all the magazines
- Make sure the house sitter has all the information he needs
- Find someone to take care of the C-man’s fish
That will be the tricky thing. It’s hard to find good fish foster care. I am hoping that the fish can go live with our neighbors. The C-man’s best friend lives next door, so I am hoping he will agree to look after Firepower (and yes, that is the fish’s real name). I will have to ask his mom, my friend S. I’m sure B would agree, but I am equally sure that if B is as contientious about looking after the fish as the C-man, S will be doing all the work.
Foruntately this fish seems to have a tremendous will to live. Over-feed him, starve him for a few days it doesn’t seem to make any difference to Firepower. And I can’t even remember the last time I changed the water in his bowl. Poor fish. He’s probably looking forward to a break from my sub-standard care.
Well, I will have to ask S when she comes over to watch Project Runway on Wednesday. Keep your fingers crossed for me.