Does anybody else hate their children’s extra-curricular activities? It is Monday and you know what that means. Monday is riding day. Princess O rides on Monday. I hate riding lessons. I hate them unconditionally.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the Princess, I love her to distraction, and I love how happy she is at the barn. However I hate this particular passion of hers with a passion. Here’s a laundry list of why riding day stinks:
- I hate driving out to the barn in near white out conditions, or in fog so think you can’t see 10 feet in front of you and you worry you will drive right past the barn.
- I hate walking out to the pasture to catch a recalcitrant horse when the wind is blowing snow into your face.
- I hate dodging snow and ice covered horse apples.
- I hate that this sucks up two hours every Monday so she can spend a whopping 30 minutes on the horse.
- I hate that for the last two weeks I have very nearly gotten stuck in the parking lot in a Subaru. Think about that for a minute people.
I hate riding slightly less in the summer but it is never my favorite thing. Surely I cannot be the only one who feels this way, can I?