One year ago we were stumbling around Rome, trying to find our feet and overcome the jet-lag. Needless to say it has been on my mind. And now a friend of mine is thinking about taking her family on the same program next fall. I am so jealous.
While I am thinking about it, and for future reference since we plan to go back someday, I thought I would list some of the things I did not take with me that I wish I had.
- A pedometer – just for sheer stupid curiosity
- More socks – I always seemed to be running out
- Cumin and Chili Powder – my mom brought some over for us, which was great. I never did find any over there and it made a nice change occasionally.
- A kitchen timer would have been handy
- Ziplock bags – you can’t get them over there
- Extra deodorant – very hard to find
- Peanut Butter – my mother in law brought some and it was a lifesaver when we were traveling at the end of our stay
- Children’s Tylenol – there were many times I wished I had remembered to bring this
I am sure more will come to me the more I think about this but I will keep them to myself.